Tanah Teduh

2007 - 2012

Tanah Teduh is a residential project in Jakarta aiming to emphasize Indonesian contemporary architecture while revolutionizing an environmentally friendly urban living. It is a collaborative project between ten prominent local architects to individually design a house, unique on its own yet still have a strong defining character to one another. The master plan envisions a harmony between the residences with the existing natural features. The design retains the natural rolling contours of the land, the trees in its original points and the existing natural ponds. The design manages to keep 80 percent of the two-hectare site as a landscaping element. Vegetation and water processing areas filled the majority of the land, only using the rest 20 percent of the site as a residential area.